DJ & Production Studio Information:
INTERESTED IN HOSTING YOUR OWN RADIO SHOW?
Radio Host Applications Are Open For One Week At The Beginning Of Each Term (Fall, Interim and Spring).
- Tech Directors will be responsible for overseeing the technical needs of the On-Air studio and Production Suite.
- The Tech Directors will host Production Suite training sessions for DJs who wish to pre-record programs or other radio content.
- Tech Directors will have one office hour per week to sort and prepare KSTO tech, meet with DJs, or other station related tasks.
- DJ’s will host a one-hour radio show once a week in the KSTO on-air studio.
- DJ’s will meet content expectations and obey all studio protocol.
- DJ’s will attend their scheduled show time with a high degree of frequency and with minimal cancellations or no-shows.
DJ Applications Will Open At the Start of Each Term (Fall, Interim and Spring) And Will Close One Week Later
Production Studio Contract
- All equipment and facilities in the production studio are to be used in a proper and careful manner as outlined by KSTO staff members during training. All rules and regulations of KSTO are to be followed inside of the production studio. The production studio shall not be used for any purposes which are in violation with the St. Olaf Code of Conduct.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the production studio at any time – NO EXCEPTIONS. Water may be permitted if it is kept in a container with a lid and stored on the floor.
- When using the production studio monitors, keep playback levels at 85db or below in order to practice safe and critical listening. Be aware when the on-air studio next door is in use. High noise levels coming from the production studio easily bleed into the on-air host mics when they are live.
- Users are to sign up for hourly studio slots on the production studio weekly schedule sheet which will be shared via google sheets after training is completed. No more than two consecutive hour slots may be reserved at a time. Slots must be booked at least one hour in advance to secure the space. If there are unbooked studio hours, slots may be extended and/or walk-ins may be permitted.
- If you would like technical assistance during your session with equipment or software, please contact the Assistant Station Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request with at least 48 hours notice.
- In the event that any equipment is damaged or not functioning properly, contact the Assistant Station Manager immediately at email@example.com.
- Non-compliance with any part of this agreement may result in disciplinary action and/or suspension of production studio access. KSTO Staff and Broadcast Media reserve the right to suspend studio access at any time.
By entering the Production Studio you are agreeing to the above policies as well as any policies given in either spoken or written word by members of the KSTO Staff either at the beginning of a term or throughout a term.
Interested in gaining access to KSTO’s Production Studio? Email the Production Studio Director at firstname.lastname@example.org